Locks Centre Differential.
Vehicle: 200 series Land Cruiser and new model Prado. Full-time 4wd.
- Has a push button instead of having a transfer box lever.
- Generally found mounted to the dashboard to the left or right of the steering wheel.
- Can be difficult to locate and in some cases easy to press with your knee by mistake!
Button is used with this switch.
- Again, instead of a transfer box lever.
- This operates the transfer box to select L4 from H4 and visa versa.
- When L4 is selected the centre diff is locked.
- As indicates; you must push and turn operate. If you just turn it, it doesn’t operate properly.